Sunday 17 April 2011

Dairy, egg and nut free banana muffins

This is my (and Dylan's!) favourite recipe. It was one I modified to make it safe for him and it has never failed me!


3-4 lg ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar (the original recipe called for 1 cup but I reduced)
1/3 cup dairy free margarine, melted (I use Becel vegan)
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla (not necessary, I forgot to add it once and the muffins were still good!)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine mashed banana, sugar, melted margarine, applesauce, and vanilla in mixing bowl, stir well.  Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.  Add to banana mixture, stirring well.  Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake in a preheated oven at 350F.  Bake 20m for regular sized muffins, 12-15m for mini muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment